The One.


     I've lived a few lives since I quit school early with pretty much nothing to show for it.

     There was the time I travelled the world selling stuff that nobody needed, and then there was the time when I was a cop. Or maybe the lives when I was a stand up comedian, and then when I did a bit of acting (a couple of bits of TV, a few plays, and a half decent part in a movie that was great, but that you won't have seen.)

     I loved all of those lives (and the many more I won't bore you with,) and most of the people who lived them with me. Honestly, they were amazing and I am thankful for every minute I've been given so far.

     I guess if I was asked what was the best of those lives, I'd have to say it was the one where I was performing comedy for a living. To be given the chance to make people laugh, even for just a little time, is a privilege. I treasure that time, and I am so glad I had the chance to do it.

     I still do a bit of radio stuff in the UK for the BBC and LBC, and I love it. And while it's not as immediate as being on a stage, but it gives me a little buzz of adrenaline, and drags me out of my office to talk to other people (half the country) now and then.

     The thing is though, being a cop, and acting, radio, and stand-up comedy, they were like summer romances to me. I thought they would last, but when the leaves fell, and distance came between us, I knew they were passing fancies, soon to be forgotten.

     I knew this, because I found writing, and writing is the ONE.

     Writing is the thing that makes me whole, the place where I can finally find myself.

     I'd never have thought that one day I'd be able to say that sitting in a room on my own with a keyboard and a coffee, gives me the greatest buzz I've ever had.

     Writing a good scene, putting the "thrill" in "thriller," is like nothing else I've ever done. I feel the gun behind my ear, my fingers ache from clinging on to a windowsill, I hear the screech of the tires, and feel the sting of the tears.

     My heart feels like it is coming out my chest sometimes, and it is the best feeling in the world.

     I'm such a lucky guy. I get do the job I always dreamed of, and it is all thanks to you for buying my books.

     You'll never know how grateful I am. Thank you, so very, very, much.

     Tony x

    Tony Schumacher on Amazon
    Facebook me here.


Comments